Below is a link to a tasty summer recipe of Surf and Turf using Coorong Angus Beef Fillet Steak, featured on Channel 7′s “Discover” show:
Coorong Angus Beef is available at all Feast Fine Foods stores.
At the recently held 2010 SA Smallgoods awards, some of our products were recognised with various medals.
The following products received medals:
Coorong Angus Beef Bresola – Gold
Coorong Angus Beef Metwurst – Silver
Coorong Angus Beef Salami – Bronze
If you havent already tried these award winning products, why not visit a Feast Fine Foods store and try some today
Jimmy’s Beef Massamam
Serves 4 Prep Time 15 mins Cooking time 40 Mins
Ingredients – Massamam Curry Paste
1 Stick of lemongrass
5 Kaffir Lime Leaves
6 Cloves of Garlic
1 Chopped Tomato
5 Red Chillies
1 small knob of glangal
1 small knob of fresh tumeric
1 small knob of ginger
5 Thai Basil Leaves
Half a bunch of coriander roots
250 ml Coconut Milk
2 cardamom pods, bruised
2 each of cinnamon quills and star anise
2 fresh bay leaves
6 fresh curry leaves
500 gm Diced Coorong Angus Beef
1 Large Sebago Potato cut into 5cm pieces
35 gm unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped and roasted in a pan till golden brown
50 gm soft palm sugar, or to taste
50 ml fish sauce, or to taste
50 ml Soy Sauce
2 tbsp tamarind paste
To serve: Steamed Basmati (Low GI) Rice and chopped coriander
- Add all the ingredients for the curry paste into a blender and blend until a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker, add all the dry spices.
- Then Add 6 tablespoons of curry paste and fry for 5 mins.
- Add the beef and fry for a further 2 mins.
- Add the potatoes and the coconut milk and stir Add palm sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, peanuts and tamarind paste.
- Add 1 cup of water or beef stock Close pressure cooker and cook on 15 PSI for 40 mins.
- Open cooker, the oil from the coconut milk will rise to the top, just skim it off and dispose.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with rice.